Western New York’s Members-Only Abattoir
We built our butcher shop with the goal of helping other farms like ours have the ability to consistently make their meats available to their customers. Starting in 2024, Alliance Farm Butchery will be a members-only butcher shop.
*2024 MEMBERSHIPS ARE FULL*
Important Changes for 2024:
- AFB will operate on a part time, members-only basis
- 2024 Memberships will be very limited
- We currently are not planning to accept new members for beef for 2024. Accepting new members for pork only. This may change if circumstances allow as the year progresses and we will post here if it does.
- All appointments must be booked using our new online calendar. A link to the calendar will be emailed to you upon membership application approval. Members must create an account and log in to access the calendar.
- There is no membership fee for 2024, but non-refundable deposits are now required to reserve your spot(s). The deposit will be credited on the final invoice (if you sold the animal to customers, they will receive the credit – be sure to price your animals accordingly).
- We are not accepting any new retail customers for 2024 – new memberships are for custom exempt processing only.
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. (email is the preferred method), or call/text (716) 263-5922.
- Large carcass fee: $1/lb of hanging weight over 800 pounds for beef and 200 pounds for pork.
- Hook fee: for hanging over 14 days (by farmer’s request). $10/half beef per day over 14 days.
- Freezer storage fee: for any orders not picked up within 5 business days. $5/day/half pig, smoked products, or quarter cow, starting on day 6.
How it Works
- Farmers with appointments must complete the “Farm Customer List” form no later than one week before the animal is dropped off.
- If the farmer will be selling their meats retail, their cut list and cut prices must be received no later than one week before the animal is dropped off to allow time to enter them into our scale, and the farmer must have an active license on our kitchen.
- All cut instructions (for farm customers or retail) must be received no later than 24 hours before the animal is dropped off, or the standard cut package will be used.
- We will contact the farmer’s customers via email (or phone if email is not available) to obtain their cut instructions and to provide them with the next steps, important dates, and pricing information before the animal is dropped off.
- Once the processing is finished, we will send the hanging weights to the farmer and an email to the customer letting them know the balance due and that it is ready for pick up.
- Please note, orders not picked up and/or paid in full within 30 days will be disposed of due to limited freezer space.
Our goal is to make the entire process as smooth as possible for everyone – the farmers, their customers, and our staff. Thank you in advance for ensuring all forms and information are submitted in a timely manner.